So to officially accept this award, I have to tell you ten things about me. I've already told you more than you want to know in this post and this post, so I think today's revelations will be quick and easy! Just whatever floats out of my brain (which could be scary since there's no longer any infection up there to muddle things up! LOL!!).........................
1) I am 5'7 1/2" tall and have brown eyes and brown hair. I am 55 years old and my hair is still it's natural brown. I've NEVER put ANYTHING on it and I challenge you to find one gray hair on my head! Most of my friends say this is because we didn't have children!!
2) Speaking of children, Mr. B and I did not have children totally by choice. It was something we completely agreed on from the beginning and we never wavered from that decision. That isn't as radical now as it used to be, but believe me, in 1977, it was!
3) At some point when I was in high school, I decided I wanted to buy an RV and travel around the perimeter of the United States. I had a map of the US on my wall with the route completely determined. This is still a goal.
4) Speaking of the walls in my room, in addition to the map of the US, I had posters of (this is going to be embarrassing) Bobby Sherman, David Cassidy (my face is really red right now!!), Pistol "Pete" Maravich, Joe Montana and Johnny Bench.
5) "The Carpenters" were the first real concert I got to attend. I believe it was in 1971. That was the first of many, many, MANY concerts I've gone to.
6) I was always the last one picked in gym class. It was painful then and still hurts today.
7) Two friends and I were left at the Memphis Zoo on a Youth Choir Trip. We were late getting back to the bus and our Youth Minister had told the group he wouldn't hesitate to leave us if we were late. Can't remember if we were late deliberately or not, but it's not a mistake I ever repeated! The punishment after I got home still burns today!!
Let's come back to the present..................
8) I love fresh flowers. One of my New Year's resolutions this January was to buy fresh flowers weekly. Amazing how such a simple thing can bring so much pleasure.
9) I've been undecided on whether to increase my hiking miles goal this year or leave it the same (300 miles) as 2010. After our horrid weather in January and my being sick for 10 days, I've finally decided to keep it the same. That was a pretty aggressive goal to start with and I was the very end of December getting it met.
10) And last, but not least, I will not be spending six weeks in Europe this summer as I had thought. Lots of reasons, but it is the best decision. Mr. B will be there for three weeks, but I'll remain at home. So I'm in the process of planning our normal summer trip. Last summer, there was no trip because we knew Mr. B's dad was in a fast decline, so I am really excited to get started planning. We'll only have the month of June because Mr. B will not return from Prague until May 28th. I'm thinking New Hampshire/Vermont, Minnesota or southern Colorado.
That's all, folks! Please forgive any bad mistakes. Have to pick Mr. B up for our trek to Atlanta in four hours and I haven't done the first thing towards getting ready to go. Eek!!
Any input on Singulair or Summer Trip 2011 suggestions?