October 1, 2008
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
My Hot 100 Challenge Goals
October 1, 2008
This picture is a couple of years old, but looks very similar to the early hint of fall which we are seeing here in Tennessee. Compare that to the pictures Michele posted this morning from her neck of the woods in Minnesota. Prognosticators (don't you just love that word??) say we are in for a spectacular fall and I hope they are right. I am planning for my weight loss journey to take a spectacular turn along with the trees in this picture. I'm hoping to do this hike in mid-October and post contrasting pictures just as I hope to be posting success towards my goals for the Hot 100 Challenge which begins tomorrow.
Speaking of the challenge, it's time to share my goals. I know these are very aggressive and restrictive, but I've shared in earlier posts leading up to this one, that I believe it's what I need at this point, so I'm not entering into this lightly (sounds like I'm getting married, doesn't it??). I have also shared that this is something I've done before that WORKED, so I'm hoping for the same results this time. I will also keep reminding myself that "to everything, there is a season" and so is this. It isn't forever and I can modify once the challenge is over. Mr. B and I had a discussion about this earlier this morning. He knows exactly what I'm doing and has promised his support. That goes a long, long way.
So here they are:
1) Reach my goal weight of 138 on or before December 31, 2010.
2) I will eat nothing containing white sugar, white flour or trans fats.
3) I will walk 10,000 steps every day or an average of 10,000 steps over seven days.
4) I will not eat between meals or after 7 p.m.
Here are some helpful reminders for me (and maybe you!!)
1) I will approach this challenge wholeheartedly from the standpoint of what I CAN have rather than what I CAN'T. I choose for this to be a positive experience and an opportunity to learn to be more creative with my eating. I want total clean eating to become a habit so much a part of me I don't even notice when January 1 rolls around and the "official" challenge has ended.
2) I am so excited that many of you have chosen to participate in this challenge along with me and I will lean heavily on you for support as I hope you will lean on me. Some of us will do very well, others will struggle. We will support each other EITHER way.
3) I am hoping that when I weigh in the morning, my amount to goal will be 20 pounds, but I will not be discouraged if it is more.
4) And most importantly, based on all I've been learning, my "yes" will be "yes" and my "no" will be "no." That is going to be put to the test sooner rather than later as you'll see when I write about the upcoming weekend challenges.
Karen at Waisting Time has graciously given me an award and allowed me to choose one of three. I chose the one with the word "substance" in it because if the writing you find here doesn't contain something of substance, then I probably don't need to be writing it. But I also chose that one because of the rules. I've received this award previously and to fulfill rule number one, spent several days clarifying in my mind a five word summary of my blogging philosophy. It hasn't changed, so I'll leave you with that today. And thanks, Karen, the award AND your friendship mean a lot to me.
Sharon blogs in the hopes of bringing:
ENCOURAGEMENT TO MYSELF AND OTHERS