Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Whew, I'm Tired!

Just Before Sunrise on the way to Meigs Creek Trailhead
Walland, TN - September 4, 2010

I couldn't resist stopping to take this picture last Saturday morning.  Don't you just love the clarity of the mountains with the sun just about to peak over the horizon with the fog in the valley.  I do live in a beautiful part of the country.

It has been a cloudy, rainy and cooler day here in east Tennessee.  I only had one small business item to help my MIL with, so had a good part of the day at home.  I chose to spend it playing with my blog and making some changes I'd wanted to make.  Now that I've been blogging for almost four months and am soon to reach 100 posts, thought I'd make it easier for new readers to find the nitty-gritty without having to do a lot of searching. It doesn't look like I did very much, but it certainly took me all day to do it!!  I added some tabs at the top of the page with background info, blog awards listed and pictures (some of which I'd just as soon no one ever saw, but in the interest of full disclosure and all that.............).  

I also added Dawne's "Treat Free September" badge to my sidebar, so throw my name in an extra time for the prize!!  

Still got a few more things I'd like to do, but my main goal is to keep it simple and easy to read.  I'm not a fancy girl, so I'm not looking to have a fancy blog.  I've set a fun goal for myself that I'll share later on.  Now that I've figured out how to add these cute little "pages" up at the top, I really need to use all ten, don't you think??

Right now, if I intend to stay married for the next few years, I better be considering what Mr. B and I can have for dinner.  He's on his way home and will be much more interested in dinner than in whether or not I learned how to add cute little "pages" to my blog!!

Then it's off to choir practice.

Oh, and BTW, I've been so wrapped up in this project all day that I totally forgot to eat.  Fancy that.............

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the warning. I am eagerly awaiting the changes:) I always find it scary when I try something with my blog. Technology - sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a brave woman on so many fronts! Good luck with the blog changes.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. I feel that way when I work on my blog, too. Well, when I attempt anything apart from word processing to be exact. :}

    Just wanted to let you know that I'm fine. surgery is over and although I'm still a bit woozy from the anesthetic, I'm fine. Only the lump had to be removed. MD still certain it's benign. Biopsy results will be back early next week.

    I'm not concerned about that, really. I was just spooked about being put under. My breathing hasn't been good lately--but that went well.

    thanks so much for your prayers! I know God heard you. :)

    I got discharge insstructions, of course. They are so odd. I'm pretty sure there are specific instruction for me to eat Chips Ahoy chocolate chip cookies with coffee. Pretty sure... I'll check later...after the cookies. :o

    I'll be hittin the diet trail tomorrow.

    :D

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your new look. I've got to play around with things a little. The last time I tried, I lost all of my blog roll and had to re-enter every single one. There's probably some way to revert to previous, but I'll need to play around a little. Glad you got a little Sharon-time today, but you mustn't forget to eat! I was just finishing up today's post when you were adding your comment to my last post. It's been up a few hours now, but it doesn't show up in the blog roll for about 5 hours. BTW, I ordered the daily devotional you use and it came yesterday. I already love it. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, you do leave in a beautiful part of the country. Thanks for posting the pics.

    Maintaining our blogs is fun, but takes time. I like the new tabs and organization. Makes it easier for all of us who like to poke around your blog. Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're doubled in the draw! I had choir rehearsal tonight too! :)

    ReplyDelete