Sunday, June 6, 2010

Heading Home

After a relaxing week in the Blowing Rock/Boone, North Carolina area, we are headed back to the heat and humidity of East Tennessee.  We will be at home for a week, then on the go again.  That's how it is for us during the summer.  During May and June, we either take an extended trip (5-6 weeks) or several short trips.  My husband teaches a summer course during the month of July and then generally has another 2-3 week break in August before beginning the fall term.  We always head to a cooler climate for that one!

I have gotten a tremendous amount of exercise this week, yet didn't reflect a very substantial weight loss.  I will have some time next week to do some serious evaluation as to why I think this is.  My food choices have been good, but I must be eating more calories than I think I am.  Being at home will help as I will have my scale to measure/weigh portions plus I've made the commitment to get serious about keeping a food journal again.  I realize I've made some changes in my approach to losing these pounds and have just got to be patient with the slower rate of loss.  I can always return to my original eating plan (see earlier posts) for a temporary period of time.  I know that is a 1200 calorie plan and I will lose 1-2 pounds each week.  Truth be told, with the yummy stuff I'm seeing in our farmer's market's, I really don't want to limit myself to such a strict diet right now.  The good news is, I'm motivated and actually enjoying the challenge.  I really believe reading other blogs and writing this one is making a huge difference.  Thanks to those who have commented.  For some reason, I'm having trouble commenting on some of your blogs, so I've got to figure that out.  Rest assured, your comments mean a great deal to me.

Weight Loss for May:                3 pounds
This week's weight LOSS:        .5 pounds (23.93 to goal)
This week's average STEPS:    15283
This week's hiking MILES:      22.07
This week's biking MILES:      Did not bike this week

No comments:

Post a Comment