Thursday, July 16, 2020

Day 10 (100 Days of 100 Carbs) - Lazy Day in the Mountains

Lake Junaluska, North Carolina
June, 2020

It's a lazy, hazy day in the mountains and you can almost feel the heat building up in the atmosphere that, I strongly suspect, will lead to some storms as the afternoon progresses.  No objection here - mountains storms and naps go hand-in-hand with each other.  I did manage to get myself out earlier this morning for my walk, but the humidity had already begun to kick in, I wasn't feeling energetic and can honestly say, I was glad when my walk was done.  VERY unusual for me to feel that way.

I am learning that 100 carbs add up quickly.  I am trying to finish up the last of the food I had from being on the Nutrisystem Plan and those are NOT low carb.  The good news is that I am feeling very good about choosing this plan and have settled into it quite nicely.  I am rarely hungry and go to bed each evening feeling satisfied.  The extra promised energy hasn't really kicked in yet, but the cravings for sweet things and chip/cracker type things has diminished significantly.  I am pleased with how my body is reacting so far. 

As promised, I have begun spending some time each day in BlogWorld and had forgotten how much I enjoy reading tales from normal people just like me writing from all across the US and around the world.  I have missed that!

Day 9 Recap:

Total Carbs: 50
Total Steps:  11237

1 comment: