Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Day 16 (100 Days of 100 Carbs) - New Every Morning

Sunrise! - July 22, 2020


My cabin faces due east giving me a bird's eye view of each morning's sunrise.  Nothing about our days right now seem predictable or certain, but the sunrise, I can count on. Always the same, yet new and different every morning. A sure reminder that all is well and all will be well.

You might remember that on Sunday, I mentioned a slight sinus infection that I sensed was getting better.  Well, I was wrong!  I have a lengthy history with both sinus infections and middle ear infections, so I should've known better.  Grateful for technology and patient portals along with a long-term relationship with my doctor at home, I sent a message early this morning begging for the antibiotic I should've asked for on Monday!  His response was quick and by 10 a.m. this morning, I had the usual antibiotic that SHOULD kick this head full of "stuff" and wobbly off-kilter feeling right to the curb!  I dislike antibiotics and avoid them when I can, but I also know that it will work. 

Today has been a bit cooler in the mountains with a noticeable difference in humidity levels. I met my friend at the greenway a bit later than usual and we had a lovely walk along a new path she pointed out to me.  That's TWO new paths she's shown me even though I would've sworn I'd walked every inch of the Boone Greenway system.  I do love it here and although my current visit will be over in a few days, I will be back in August! 

I don't look forward to returning to the excessive heat and humidity of my hometown, but I do look forward to being back in my own kitchen where I can be a bit more creative with my low-carb eating.  Throwing myself headlong into this 100 day challenge AFTER I arrived in Boone didn't allow any time for preplanning.  I had brought all my food with me (mostly Nutrisystem items) so that I wouldn't have to grocery shop while in a state other than my own.  That's worked out, but it hasn't been easy keeping to 100 carbs a day eating prepackaged food.  They add up fast!  I'll have done a better job of planning when I return to Boone in a few weeks.  Having said that, I feel I have done well with the circumstances I've had to work with.

Day 15 Recap:

Total Carbs: 83
Total Steps:  10966

1 comment: