I am a goal setter and a list maker. Most of the time, these two characteristics serve me well. I have also been told that I can be obsessive about it and to "lighten up." But I do know this. When it comes to blogging and weight loss, I love being part of a challenge. It motivates me and encourages me to set higher goals. I did well with my Summer Diet Buddies goals this week, but quite frankly, they were a little lame. Next week's are going to be more challenging.
1) As close to 1200 calories per day as I can get. . I did well with this one. 4 days slightly under 1200, 2 days slightly over and 1 day over by 400.
2) No white sugar or white flour. Done
3) No food or drink after 6 p.m. Done
4) Lose at least one pound per week during challenge. Done - I lost 1 1/2 pounds.
5) Send two cards or notes of encouragement to friends or relatives at least one of which is struggling to lose weight. Done.
2) No white sugar or white flour.
3) No food or drink after 6 p.m.
4) Lose at least one pound per week during challenge.
5) Send at least two cards or notes of encouragement to friends or relatives at least one of which must be someone I know is struggling to lose weight.
Our trip to Beech Mountain, NC has been cancelled and the person from who we had rented a condo, has graciously agreed to refund our money minus a small deposit. She did not HAVE to do this so once again, I am reminded that although it's so easy to focus on the negative aspects of our society, basically people are still kind and good.
I am also reminded that more often than not, timing works out according to a perfect plan. Mr. B does not have to be at school until a week from Wednesday. Barring significant problems, that should be enough time for us to get the next steps underway for his dad.